Alzheimer’s Disease Association of the Philippines (ADAP), founded in March 2000 and a member of the Alzheimer’s Disease International in 2002, is an organization composed of person with dementia and their family caregivers, dedicated doctors with special interest in dementia, allied – medical professionals and other involved in the care of patients with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias.
VISION & MISSION
We are the recognized prime mover in the Prevention, Care, and Cure of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias in the Philippines.
We will do this by:
Accelerating Awareness through education and training
Developing support services and best practices that improve quality of life and patient care
Advancing culturally-sensitive local research that enhances care and treatment
Partnering and engaging with organizations and communities who are passionate in developing
Passion for Excellence
• We demand of ourselves the highest standards in every endeavor we will undertake.
• We willingly share precious time, expertise, and resources for the continuous growth of ADAP and its vision
• We work within the acceptable norms and standards that preserve the dignity of human life.
• We continuously explore viable, new, and alternative approaches in attaining ADAP’S vision.
• We take an active role in advocating solutions that address the needs of the Alzheimer disease patients, their families and healthcare professionals involving:
• Disease management guidelines,
• Public fora and advocacy programs, and
• Other relevant engagements